I want to say one word to you. Just one word.... Plastics.”
--
Mr. McGuire, The Graduate


Monday, May 16, 2011

It's starting to look good!

I met Sarah and Heather this morning at the Maritime terminal in Lower Manhattan, and we took the 10 am ferry to Governors Island. We arrived under a steady rain, and proceeded to dress our trees with all the knitted panels we have made over the past 2 and 1/2 months.

We started by roughly laying out the panels on the trees, and quickly found that the panels I had stitched together ahead of time needed some adjusting. We realized that I have more panels to spare, and that the 3 trees I had picked as my starter trees will get more panels later this week.

Here's a quick preview of the installation, with more to come later!



No comments:

Post a Comment